You can contact us for a File of Life or Emergency Cards. We will drop them off to you or mail them. We will have them on our site for a download soon.
1. Give 911 operator the best infomation possible. They are asking for the information to verify your location and to better prepare the responders as to what is going on.
2. Make sure your home or business is properly marked and visible from the street. Use a different color for the numbers other then the house colors. When possible to put the number under a exterior light. Make sure the light is ON !!
3. Police will respond with the Ambulance (when available). At times a Fire Truck may come to assist us. Some Fireman and Police Officers are trained as EMT (Emergency Medical Technicians).
4. Gather patient information such as name, age, medication, past medical histoy ( Cardiac, Asthma, Diabetic, Stroke), Allergies to medications
5. Clearing room for us to bring our equipmet (stretcher) into the house to limit the exertion to the patient.
6. Depending on the type of incident or service you require, an ambulance and paramedic unit may come to you. The paramedics come from various sections throught the Camden County. They are from Virtua Health Systems. The service they provide is an Advanced Life Support such as Cardiac, Repiratory, Strokes, Diabetic Emergencies to name a few. Don't get excited when responders arrives to assist you.
We offer public education to residents and businesses in the community.
This is a program designed by Lt Somers to educate the public on wearing a Helmet while riding a bicycle. We have teamed up with Berlin Boro Police and Berlin Township Police , and Ritas Water Ice (White Horse Pike across from TD Bank) in Berlin Boro to award the young for wearing a HELMET !!
Staff while on duty and in uniform will issue a rewards coupon to a young resident if the are demonstrating good safety and wearing a helmet. The coupon can be used at Ritas only.
Berlin EMS will come to your resident or business to explain what is expected of you and what you are expected of us. Are main goal is to educate the public. we don't want to meet by an accident.
From time to time you may receive a survey card in the mail for services provided to you asking some questions. Complete the card and mail it back with the prepaid envelope. It's important to us to provide customer service at the highest level.